MASS SCHEDULE EPIPHANY PORT ORANGE
(Limited capacity in accordance with State, Diocesan and CDC guidelines)
Daily: Monday – Saturday: 8:30am
Saturday Vigil: 4:00pm
Sunday: 7:00am • 9:00am • 11:00am • 6:00pm
Beginning June 3, 2020
Confessions are available Wednesdays, 5:00pm – 6:00pm
in the Msgr. Sheedy Memorial Library.
HAPPY RETIREMENT – Peggy Howarth!
Well done good and faithful servant!
The community of Epiphany is very grateful for the gift of Peggy Howarth and her music ministry! For over 30 years, Peggy has so generously shared her time, talent and treasure to shape and transform our parish. We praise God for her talents and for leading her to us, and we thank Peggy for her commitment, investment, and dedication to ministry and community.
Peggy, may God bless you on this new journey ahead!
Christmas Gift Giving – An Epiphany Tradition
Please drop off your Gift Cards at Epiphany office or religious store by Dec. 13, 2020
Even though our Christmas Giving Trees with their tags are missing, our tradition will continue to help those less fortunate and remembering our homebound parishioners during this Christmas Season headed by a partnership with ECCW and Epiphany’s High School Youth Ministry.
In order to minimize risk and impact we are asking for Gift Card donations only; specifically Target, Walmart, Visa, MasterCard, Publix, Winn-Dixie or Save-a-Lot. Our High School Youth Ministry will use these gift cards to purchase toys for children, and the ECCW will get gifts for our homebound parishioners. Grocery gift cards will be distributed to our families to assist them in purchasing food for their Christmas Dinner. PLEASE NO TOYS.
Please drop off Gift Cards with the gift card activation slip attached to the Epiphany church office or religious store by Sunday, December 13, 2020.
If you know of a family needing assistance, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject of Tradition of Giving. Please include your contact info (name and phone number).
GOD BLESS and THANK YOU for being so generous.
Support Epiphany with your Amazon Purchases
Amazon offers consumers the opportunity to support their favorite non-profits when they shop! For every qualified purchase you make with Amazon, a percentage will go to Epiphany and its ministries.
Here’s how it works:
- For your purchases to benefit Epiphany please visit smile.amazon.com rather than amazon.com.
- Designate “Church of the Epiphany—Port Orange, FL” as the charity you are supporting. Make sure it is Epiphany in Port Orange!
- Shop like normal through this website.
- Once you complete your purchase a portion will automatically go to Epiphany.
Every little bit helps! Thank you!
Tuesday Morning Scripture Study
Tuesdays • 9:15am • Parish Center
Please join us for an in-depth yet easy to understand Study of the Book of Exodus: the soul of the Old Testament and the foundation of many of our Sacraments and Mass Structure. Learn how the covenant God made on Mount Sinai is the same covenant that Jesus came to fulfill, how the Eucharist is prefigured in the Passover, how baptism is foreshadowed in the parting of the Red Sea and oh, so much more! Contact Sherie Zebrowski in the church office 386-767-6111 with questions.
Thrift Store OPEN!
Tue. & Wed. 11am – 3pm • Fri. & Sat. 10am – 3pm
The Epiphany Thrift Store will be reopening safely and slowly. We have cut back our days and hours so we can have time each day to properly clean and sanitize our store. Face coverings will be worn by staff and all volunteers at all times while sorting and working inside the store. Donations will not be accepted at this time.
If you are someone who isn’t at high risk and have felt healthy enough to attend Mass, please consider returning to the Epiphany Thrift Store Ministry. Call the store and leave a message for our store manager, Patti Wright 386-756-0300. Thank you for being patient during these difficult times.
Welcoming You Home to Epiphany
In order to safely gather together as the Body of Christ and to safeguard the health of our community members, there have been some adjustments and changes to the way we pray, gather, and celebrate liturgy as a community.
Bishop Noonan and the Diocese of Orlando have set forth these guidelines and they will be implemented across all parishes in the Diocese of Orlando. If you have not already, we invite you to watch the bishop’s video that explains these changes. You may also read about these changes in the link below.
“Mass will be celebrated at parishes. Mass schedules may change to accommodate appropriate social distancing. Chapels and Adoration Chapels will not be open.”
At Epiphany, this means:
- We will observe the following weekend Mass schedule, to accommodate for capacity limitations:
- Saturday Masses: 4:00pm
- Sunday Masses: 7:00am, 9:00am, 11:00am & 6:00pm
- At this time, due to space and time constraints, we will not hold Saturday confessions.
- Bishop Noonan has dispensed our Sunday obligation. Missing Mass at this time does not constitute a mortal sin. This means that if you are sick, at-risk, or experiencing any symptoms of coughing, sneezing, fever, etc., out of consideration for yourself and others, do not come to Mass.
- The church building will be open only 15-20 minutes before Mass begins. At this time, we are able to operate at 25% capacity. This means that if we reach our capacity limitations, some may be denied entry to the church, asked to leave church, or may have to wait to enter church.
- After each Mass is celebrated, the church will need to completely close in order to facilitate proper cleaning and sanitization of the building. We kindly ask that any fellowship and socializing happen off property following Mass.
- Please be aware that not all entrances to the church building will be open. Please follow signs and directions of staff to enter into the church building.
- Seating at Epiphany has been set-up in such a way to accommodate proper social distancing. We ask that our faithful comply with these protocols for the safety of everyone.
- There are a number of guidelines that we will follow as we celebrate Mass together once again.
- Offertory baskets will not be passed around during the liturgy. Instead, parishioners are encouraged to drop off their offertory envelopes in the baskets by the main entrance upon arrival to Mass. We encourage our faithful to take the opportunity to use online giving during this time. More information can be found at our website at epiphanypo.com, or please call the office at 386-767-6111 for more help.
- The Our Father will be prayed without holding hands.
- The sign of peace will be shared through reverent bows toward our neighbors. There should be no handshaking, hugging, or contact between parishioners.
- The bringing up of the gifts by the faithful is suspended until further notice.
- Holy Communion will be distributed under only one species – the Precious Body. The Precious Blood will not be distributed.
- The Host is to be received in the hand only. The host will not be distributed on the tongue.
- While in line to receive Holy Communion, please practice social distancing between you and those in front and behind you.
- If you serve in any liturgical ministry (lector, sacristan, altar server, usher, extraordinary ministers, etc.) during a weekend Mass, please reach out to your ministry facilitator for more information. The church office has communicated with your ministry facilitator about current needs/directives.
- Coffee and Donuts Sunday Fellowship will be suspended until further notice.
- Printed bulletins will not be distributed, but will be made electronically available through email, website, and MyParish App.
- When Mass is completed, we kindly ask everyone to maintain an atmosphere of reverence in the church, and to keep quiet prayer. We encourage you to wave at one another from afar, and engage in fellowship and socializing once off church property.
- Our Food Pantry has opened with modified procedures, Monday and Friday, 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
Please note that all in-person ministry meetings and gatherings remain suspended until further notice. No meetings or gatherings for any ministry may be scheduled on the parish calendar at this time.
May our goodness and sacrifice be a grace before God.
Fr. John and the staff of Epiphany welcome you joyfully back to our parish! We look forward to seeing you and continuing to walk this new journey together. Mary, Our Mother, pray for us!
EPIPHANY PARISH PASTORAL PLAN
Do Epiphany parishioners recommend their church and their pastor to others? Do they have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Do they have the confidence to share their faith with others?Read the Epiphany Parish Pastoral Plan and find out more.
We are called to return our blessings to God and your generosity impacts lives. Your gift to Our Catholic Appeal supports our Volusia County community helping to provide Catholic-formation experiences for children and adults, maintenance and construction projects, ministering to the incarcerated, Catholic education, support for seminarians and retired priests, and so much more.
Making a tax-deductible donation online is easy and secure.
Thank you for participating in Our Catholic Appeal. May you enjoy all that God has prepared for you.
My Parish App
Beginning on Ash Wednesday, MyParish App will be offering a special series of daily reflections for the season of Lent. In addition, our annual Lenten reflection booklets will be available to all on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 26th.
If you would like to send a prayer request to the “Healing Ministry of Epiphany,” please email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also submit prayer requests through MyParish App by tapping on the “Prayers” icon, and then tapping on “Requests” at the bottom of the page.